Reporting to the Manager of Business Operations, the Game Day and Office Coordinator with the Express will mainly be responsible for all game day operations as well as managing and ensuring the office runs smoothly.
- Setting up, organizing and co-hosting weekly operations meetings including recording and documenting meeting minutes. The weekly meeting, and agenda, is critical to the business and ensuring that it is set up productively is a key responsibility.
- General bookkeeping and cash management/reconciliation of game nights.
- Coordinating billet arrangements for players with support from a volunteer Billet Coordinator.
- Coordinates annual events such as the “Friends of Express” Dinner, year end awards banquet
- Supporting Accountant Manager with payroll, billet payments, supplier expenses, AP and AR etc.
- Working as a key team member with a small group of staff and volunteers.
- Sundry office duties as assigned.
- Ensuring the overall fan and game day experience is maintained to the standard of Express management and ownership.
- Game night and other cash management, liaising with Accountant Manager.
- Ticketing for season, group sales and game nights, including print and pick-ups.
- Organizing game night and event planning, including anthem singers, events, mini-games, birthday parties etc with support for the Game Day Host.
- Liaising with the City of Coquitlam to ensure requirements for each game are organized and fulfilled.
Community and Marketing
- Leading and co-ordinating Express community initiatives, including school visits and annual “School Game(s)” while supporting the Manager of Business Operations with other community events as well as city and team sponsor outings.
- Purchase, sale and management of merchandise, including development of strategy to expand sales. Note: “game day” merchandise sales are supported by volunteers.
- Managing Express relationships, serving as point person for in-person and online enquiries for responding and distributing.
- Supporting registration and collection for Express Hockey Programs, including camps, spring teams, community and winter skates, etc.
- Post secondary certification in bookkeeping; experience with QuickBooks an asset.
- 1-2 years working in a sports or hockey environment
- Knowledge of the game of hockey is required
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Be willing and available to work some weekends and evenings on game nights
- Able to multi-task and plan different events and jobs concurrently
- Ability to be innovative and provide creative solutions
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Express thanks all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.