Manager, Game Day and Business Operations
- Working as a key team member with a small group of staff and volunteers.
- Setting up, organizing and co-hosting weekly operations meetings. The weekly meeting, and agenda, is critical to the business and ensuring that it is set up productively is a key responsibility.
- Coordinating billet arrangements for players with support from a volunteer Billet Coordinator.
- Coordinates annual events such as the “Friends of Express” Dinner, year end awards banquet, etc.
- Working with President, General Manager and Sales and Marketing Director on outsource and supplier relationships.
- Monitoring and growing the “intern” program and management of intern responsibilities.
- Supporting Accountant Manager with payroll, billet payments, supplier expenses, AP and AR etc.
- Sundry duties as assigned
- Game night and other cash management, liaising with Accountant Manager.
- Ticketing for season, group sales and game nights, including print and pick-ups.
- Supporting Game Night Coordinator with game night and event planning, including events, mini-games, birthday parties etc.
- Oversees and organizes our game night volunteers with the support from the Volunteer Coordinator.
Community and Marketing
- Leading and co-ordinating Express community initiatives, including liaising with schools for visits and “game night” attendance, supporting city and team sponsor events, promoting the team with Coquitlam and other Tri-City minor hockey associations, etc.
- Purchase, sale and management of merchandise, including development of strategy to expand sales. Note: “game day” merchandise sales are supported by volunteers.
- Managing Express relationships, serving as point person for in-person and online enquiries for responding and distributing.
- Supporting registration and collection for Express Hockey Programs, including camps, spring teams, community and winter skates, etc.
- Providing social media support to the Sales and Marketing Director and the Social Media Coordinator in respect of website and social media program management and update.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in marketing, business, sports management considered an asset
- 1-2 years working in a sports or hockey environment
- Knowledge of the game of hockey is required
- Cash handling and/or basic accounting background considered an asset
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills
- Be willing and available to work some weekends and evenings on game nights
- Able to multi-task and plan different events and jobs concurrently
- Ability to be innovative and provide creative solutions
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Express thanks all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.